Dyddiad/Date: 04 December 2020
I just wanted to let you know that schools across Merthyr Tydfil will close for the holiday period on 18th December 2020.
May I just say a big thank you again for everything you have done to support our schools since September. The ongoing coronavirus situation is still with us so please can I ask you all to continue support us to keep schools open by doing the following:-
- Keeping your child off school if anyone in the household or immediate contact group is displaying symptoms including if they are waiting for a test result
- Informing the school immediately IF your child receives a positive Covid-19 test (FOR THE HOLIDAY PERIOD ONLY - IF YOUR CHILD DEVELOPS SYMPTOMS AFTER 21st DECEMBER THERE IS NO NEED TO INFORM THE SCHOOL AS THERE WILL BE NO IMPLICATIONS FOR CLASS BUBBLES)
- If your child has had a positive Lateral Flow Test (the 30 minute test) the immediate household must isolate until the result of the next test (the PCR test) – if the PCR test is positive the national isolation expectations will need to be followed.
- If your child is required to isolate making sure they do not leave the house for during the isolation period. They should not be mixing with other children or young people, going into other households, or picking other siblings up from school.
- Not congregating with other parents outside school gates when dropping off or picking up your children and wearing a face covering when you in and around the school site. Keeping a 2m distance from others at all times.
- Being considerate of others if dropping off or picking up you child by car – there have been a number of concerns raised to us and to the police regarding unnecessary congestion due to parking outside school gates.
Please stay safe and take care.
CHIEF OFFICER (LEARNING)