Message from Mr Williams:
I have visited the school this afternoon to risk assess the access roads , pavements and paths leading to the school and also the surrounding areas – I drove up through Treharris , Trelewis and Quakers Yard to try to see what the potential problems would be for you as parents and the school transport if it runs tomorrow. The side roads are horrendous – please be very careful whenever you venture out – I`m sorry I didn`t make it as far as Bedlinog – but I`m not that good of a driver!
The school site is covered with snow , and there is a large area of snow which hasn`t been cleared at the top of the school access road – this in itself wouldn`t be an issue , as we have cleared the main path into school , but all the weather warnings for black ice overnight are a real concern.
As of 6.00pm on Sunday , we will try to open tomorrow , with an early warning for you all that a final decision might have to be taken in the morning if the black ice does form overnight. A final confirmation will be sent via text message when Mr Haines and I meet on site at 7.00am tomorrow morning.
The safety of all pupils , staff , parents and visitors is my responsibility , so the decision to close is not taken lightly , I know it`s really difficult for parents to arrange childcare at short notice , all I can do is promise that we will do our best to prepare a safe environment for everyone , but if that`s not possible , then I will text you at 7.00am in the morning.
Best wishes and stay warm and safe!